Experience Designer, Visual Design
Visual Designers with the Experience Design team are responsible for the creative direction and visual aesthetic of our client projects. We are seeking strong creative thinkers that can, both as part of a team and independently, communicate their design perspective clearly and articulately to our team of experience designers, developers, and our clients. This includes the discovery or creation of brand attributes, design direction, and the application of design principles and best practices that support them. Our Visual Designers build off or work in parallel with our UX designers’ Research, Content Strategy, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design to implement the design direction into solid and presentable concepts to the client and production teams. Working closely with the project team, Visual Designers, in conjunction with the project lead, communicate design intent throughout the development of the project ensuring quality and effective solutions.
- Strong aesthetic style, creativity, and a knack for pushing the boundaries of digital experiences
- Strong understanding of user centric principle, design, and software development
- Possess a natural inclination towards user experience and general usability, ensuring quality accordingly
- Produce deliverables that are professional, polished, visually appealing, and support best practices with a minimal amount of oversight
- Strong skills in design fundamentals such as knowledge of composition, form, shape and color, layout, typography
- Deep knowledge of current design trends
- Skillful communication and conversation skills including experience in presenting to and partnering with clients
- The ability to think! Strong problem solving, analysis, and decision making skills
- Mastery of common creative tools. Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, or equivalent
- A strong portfolio of work exemplifying 3+ years of designing user interfaces showcasing excellent user interaction, visual design, and meaningful transitions between visual states
- Experience designing interfaces for multiple interface paradigms (e.g. desktop, touch, responsive, gesture etc.)
- Experience working in a variety of different industries’, clients’, or brands’ esthetics
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Information Design, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Human-Machine Interaction, Computer Science) or equivalent level of experience required.
- Experience working with clients to define and develop brand materials (e.g. logo, iconography, brand strategy)
- Acumen and interest in general user experience skills, including the architecture of projects for web, mobile devices, social media platforms, and other applications. Experience in solving problems through analysis, synthesis, creativity, and insight.