Director of UX
Unique opportunity with a mobile marketing leader
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform, enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Old Navy, Home Depot, PetSmart, Toys r’ Us, and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves. And having fun!
You are an experienced UX leader and contagious user advocate. You enjoy building and coaching a team of talented UX researchers and designers. You are passionate about delivering a phenomenal user experience, and you foster the culture and practices that bring this about. You’re a unique blend of leader, manager, advocate, researcher, designer and prototyper.
This is a full-time position located in downtown Chicago at 300 West Adams.
- Leadership – Advocate for an integrated, consistent experience across our full suite of products. Promote user-centered business decisions by influencing and educating UX considerations across the organization. Prioritize key UX initiatives and identify and track metrics.
- People Management – Manage and mentor a lean and talented design and research team. Promote user-centered decision making based on cohesive design principles and patterns.
- Process – Collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features. Oversee the entire UX process from insight to execution. Ensure delivery of high quality user experience and product design across multiple concurrent projects by providing oversight and guidance while empowering team members. Partner with other departments to optimize and improve efficiencies across teams.
- Design – Employ a range of human-centered design techniques, such as mental models, personas, user journeys, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions. Collaborate and develop documentation as needed to guide engineering, marketing, customer support, and content creation through the implementation of engaging, high-quality user experiences.
- User Research – Identify, plan, and facilitate user research, insight analysis, and other feedback mechanisms to deliver insights and actionable results. Facilitate communication and sharing of results and provide recommendations across the organization.
- Voice of the User – Know and empathize with our users and represent their needs in the product development process. Facilitate brainstorms and create relevant communications to engage cross-functional teams towards promoting design thinking and a customer-centric culture.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in user-centered research and design, with focus on web and mobile applications
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design or related discipline
- Experience leading the UX function for enterprise SaaS products
- Proven ability to develop, lead, and motivate a high performing team of UX professionals
- Experience in iterative software discovery and delivery methodologies, coupled with a deep understanding of user experience methods, principles and practices
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with different audiences, including executive team members
- Competence with web front-end technologies and mobile/responsive design techniques
- Design portfolio with example projects highlighting UX/UCD process
Our Core Values:
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below to apply to this position.