Director of User Experience
- Recruit, nurture and retain a world-class team of designers and researchers.
- Internalize company goals and the product roadmap.
- Evolve, strengthen, and evangelize a world-class design culture.
- Create a customer-centric vision and strategy for the user experience within our products.
- Empower teams to design innovative, user-centric product solutions that delight our customers as well as meet Relativity product and company goals.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in the areas of information architecture, interaction design, visual design, user research, and online user behavior.
- Set a high bar for the overall Relativity customer experience, ensuring anything that ships achieves a superior standard for brand, design, copy and overall UX.
- Work collaboratively with business partners to define priorities, build consensus, and coordinate design schedules across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensure our cross-platform web and mobile products support the customer and provide a consistent user experience.
- Enable teams to use market analysis and customer research findings to drive design decisions and reduce ambiguity.
- Develop an entrepreneurial user research function that serves as a knowledge center for the entire organization.
- Collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Support the user experience team in presenting design to work to Product and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership, to gain buy in on proposed changes.
- Lead the creation, implementation, and maintenance of the Relativity Design System.
- Experience leading design and usability efforts for a leading B2B SaaS/cloud product presence.
- Experience in an agile environment preferred.
- Experience in the field of document and/or content management.
- Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
- 5+ years as manager of design and/or research teams.
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems with intuitive interfaces for customers.
- Experience closely collaborating with product and engineering teams.
- Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices.
- Proven experience using user research to develop and inform the UI.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of UX across desktop and mobile (iOS, Android) platforms.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and especially to senior executives.
- Highly organized and effective project management capabilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Relentless desire for innovation and driving high standards, balanced with business needs and customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.