Designer, Talent & Culture
Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. We strive to illuminate investing in support of this mission, so we can reach, inspire, and enable current and aspiring investors. Our people have helped millions of investors around the world by thinking independently, by being passionate entrepreneurs applying research insights to data and building software that helps investors succeed. Our team is built around technology, research, and design. The Global Marketing Design Team at Morningstar supports the creation of authentic and differentiated brand experiences that reaffirm our brand purpose, clearly convey our value proposition to the market, and drive a rich customer experiences that cohesively expresses the Morningstar brand at every interaction and opportunity.
We want great people who are curious, who love to share new ideas and perspectives and who are exceptional at every turn. It’s that simple. We’re looking for a Marketing Designer to join our energetic Talent & Culture team and help us develop immersive experiences across a variety of mediums, including print and digital. The Talent & Culture team is made up of a diverse group dedicated to building an exceptional employee experience inside and outside of Morningstar that connects to our mission and our values and amplifies our talent brand. We’re looking for a passionate, creative designer who loves the challenge of turning complex concepts into engaging communications and brand systems.
As the Marketing Designer responsible for all internal and external communications related to our Talent and Culture efforts, you will focus on creating compelling materials that help differentiate and promote our programs and our global talent brand.
Marketing Designers at Morningstar work with communications, marketers, business and team members within global offices to develop experiences that express the Morningstar brand and its capabilities with honesty, authenticity, and richness.
You will grow and expand your abilities by leading and creating:
• Design solutions for projects including digital web experiences, email campaigns, social media, printed collateral, events and conference exhibiting, and other branded communications.
• Working in partnership with designers throughout the company to ensure work is aligned with design standards, meets a high standard of design quality, and considers the full employee brand experience across all touchpoints.
• Collaborating with marketers, digital strategists, content experts, UX designers, researchers, and developers on creative campaigns that support building awareness of Morningstar employee programs and services
• Ability to thrive in an agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative communication design while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience
• Excellent holistic creative skills including the ability to write advertorial style content that excites and engages, strong affinity for using data to tell stories and apply data visualization
• Manage multiple projects and work with numerous disciplines at one time.
Great people at Morningstar love a challenge. We’re looking for a designer who will bring:
• Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems. Able to adapt their working style based on what the team needs and is ready to take the initiative to get things done and ask thoughtful questions.
• A curious self-starter who isn't afraid of ambiguity and is eager to find problems and solve them.
• Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment and managing changing priorities.
• Able to bring energy to a team and generate new ideas, simplify an approach or bring clarity using design.
Exceptional candidates will have these skills and be ready to add more:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts and a minimum of five years of experience in a creative agency or in-house creative in financial services, technology, consulting or consumer products.
• Excellent design, color and typography skills and eager to master complex information, and able to simplify it so that it’s clear and relatable.
• Passion and expertise to developing and expanding brand systems, creating narratives through visual design.
• Digitally savvy with proven mastery of technical ability around HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and PowerPoint, CSS, Sketch, Invision, video editing, photography and stop-motion graphics.
Please include a portfolio of work that you’re most proud of, so you can tell stories about your experience and the impact you've had. We're interested in the designs you’ve created, and we want to understand how you work with a team to solve problems.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.