Technical Lead - Data / Software Engineering
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
As the Technical Lead you will be responsible for building and communicating out on ETL Tooling in increase visibility into ETL Pipeline on our Big Data platform. Will be responsible for maintaining our Data Catalog and coming up with improvements to automate updates and driving best practices cross data teams.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Understanding how ETL functions across multiple business verticals.
- Build tools to understand how data is flowing throughout our data pipelines.
- Take data oriented projects from start to finish, including requirements, scope, architecture, development, releases and maintenance.
- Drive code quality throughout the data teams and be an ambassador for the craft of development.
- Design best practices for big data processing throughout the company.
- Translate from technical to business, and vice versa. You need to be able to speak with the least technically-minded client (internal or external) and make technology make sense to them. Then turn around and do it the other way.
- Working with high volumes of data to efficiently process and expose for analysis.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
- 2+ years in a leadership/management capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities in a technology team (stakeholder communication, project management, mentoring junior members, code reviews, etc)
- 10+ years experience with Python or another general purpose programming language
- SQL is virtually as effortless as your native spoken language
- Expertise with big data toolsets. Bonus if it include Spark, Python, Hive.
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals
- Experience running agile projects
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaborative skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information