Strategic Operations Analyst
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We were formerly the Operational Excellence & Risk Management business ("OERM") of business information provider IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS). Essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
This role has diverse responsibilities and influences across multiple functional business areas, primarily in sales, but extending to executive-level support through execution of strategic initiatives and business transformation projects.
- Manage and enhance company-wide customer relationship management (CRM) tools to ensure timely sales processes, reporting, and an accurate contacts data base.
- Ensure fluid transactional processes among cross-functional stakeholders from sales, legal, FP&A, order management, and fulfillment.
- Create weekly sales and services forecast presentations for field teams and executive leadership to evaluate progress against financial targets.
- Facilitate executive-level deal review process for assessing customer pricing proposals and negotiation strategies.
- Generate an accurate picture of sales performance using trend analysis and data segmentation techniques; use results to identify insights and recommendations that enhance sales outcomes.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis and program execution for various company-wide initiatives.
- 1-3 years of experience performing business and/or financial analysis- software experience is preferred
- Strong analytical mindset
- Efficient, resilient problem-solving skills
- Ability to execute from vision to outcome, guided by an understanding of the intent of assigned projects and tasks
- Financial modeling experience is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Marketing or similar business-related discipline preferred.
- Analytical mindset – quick and thorough problem solver
- Relationship builder & excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative across levels and functional lines
- Strong Excel skills
- Minimal travel may be required
- Position will report to the VP of Sales Operations
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.