Sr. Manager; Metrics, Quality & Process Improvement
Job Description Summary
The Senior Manager, Metrics, Quality & Process Improvement plays an integral role in enabling a sustainable Process Improvement culture. This is a new role intended to (1) identify and implement process Improvement projects that reduce cost, improve effectiveness, and improve productivity and (2) build the Process Improvement competencies of others throughout Casualty based on operational and quality metrics, data-driven prioritization, and multi-layered employee interventions, including workshop delivery as well as on-the-job knowledge sharing and coaching. A value-stream centric approach, strategically aligned and supported by the Casualty Leadership Team, is expected to ensure appropriate focus on internal and external customer expectations.
The role will partner closely with process owners, business leaders, and key stakeholders, to drive process improvement and operating model changes via various projects with emphasis on root cause analysis, solution ideation, design and execution to drive operational effectiveness and efficiencies. The role includes management of Metrics and Quality functions, and will span data collection, analysis and reporting for operational, contractual and quality priorities. Analysis and Report is expected to identify operational trends as well as early warning signs of customer dissatisfiers to increase overall Casualty performance above and beyond baseline service level agreement requirements. The ideal person will enjoy learning new things and working on a variety of projects.
- Manage collaboration with organizational leadership, front-line staff, and key stakeholders in formulating plans to address identified concerns.
- Synthesize operational, contractual, and quality data with interpretation informed by clinical knowledge of casualty claims.
- Recommend strategies to improve operational policies and procedures.
- Establish quality monitoring activities necessary to support operational and nursing quality analyses and the evaluation of processes and workflows to improve operational quality, TAT and efficiency.
- Understand and complies with HIPAA regulations as they relate to privacy limits embedded within technology and state regulations.
- Plan, design, and optimize the execution of Casualty processes to promote operational efficiencies and process improvements, while following appropriate process improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma principles, DMAIC, etc.) to implement process improvements.
- Design, construct, and execute complex analyses to meet business case requirements using self-sourced (observations, testing, interviews and custom data capture) and collected data.
- Oversee root cause investigation, problem solve, articulate conclusions, and communicate recommendations to the leadership team.
- Engage cross-functionally across the enterprise to design solutions, develop test and implementation plans, drive results, and resolve issues encountered by the team.
- Maintain the ability to self-assess and course-correct as necessary.
- Prepare material and presentations for the Casualty business in a way that adds value, is easily understood by others who may not have the same background or expertise, and improves the operational efficiency of the business.
- Communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Foster regular communication and increases collaboration between the global organization with the regions and/or affiliates.
- Identify opportunities for standardization of the processes, training and metrics across the global organization.
- Identify and develop standard templates/toolkits related to processes, training and metrics for regional and/or affiliates to leverage.
- Identify and share best practices across the global organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Casualty claims adjuster experience preferred.
- Experience with clinical/medical terminology preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience of analysing data, process improvement and identifying larger trends for future forecasting.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a team and leading/supporting multiple projects.
- Familiar experience with Tableau, SQL Server.
- Strong process management expertise (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred).
- Experience with tracking process performance, monitoring processes using dashboards and technologies preferred.
- Understand clinical perspective and carrier expectations.
- Experience with documentation standards and good documentation principles/best practices.
- Excellent multi-channel communication skills.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!