Sr Assoc, Testing-1
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
This is a Technology QA role in Enterprise Data Ops team focused on Corporate Risk initiatives, primarily Anti-Money Laundering (AML). This position requires functional testing, multi-tasking, handling multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
The successful candidate will work in a cross-functional environment with strong ability to understand business and technical processes, full testing support including but not limited to creating of test plans, test cases and execution with emphasis towards complete Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). He/she shall have the thought leadership in continuous improvement of the testing methods for high quality deliverables, including but not limited to emerging technologies in the market place. This candidate should bring a desire to grow beyond testing, leveraging their skills to help develop new solutions.
- Define test scope, plans and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with Compliance Business partners
- Improve testing efficiency by simplifying, consolidating and automating existing processes, where necessary.
- Implement testing methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports high quality, on-time delivery.
- Effectively communicate and manage testing expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Troubleshoot issues, analyze results and escalate as necessary.
- Maintain/verify testing evidence and document in test management tools.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- 4+ years of experience in software testing in the areas of Data Warehouse and user interface.
- Proficient in gathering data, create/execute test cases and test plan, defect tracking and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience in testing of projects using Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies including waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Strong project orientation with excellent team involvement, business/BT coordination and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in SDLC documentation, SQL, Quality Center, MS Office.
- Bachelors Degree – Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with AML applications like Actimize, Compliance Link, eCredit.
- Experience with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Compliance taxonomies such as Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM), Customer Risk Scoring (CRS), Know Your Customer (KYC), OFAC Sanctions Screening, Partner Due Diligence (PDD), Transactions Monitoring, etc.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in related field.
- Technical Skills –
- Database – Teradata, Oracle, Redshift, Neo4j
- Automation Tools – Selenium, UFT, Eclipse, Blue Prism
- Others – Windows, Unix, AWS, MS Visio, Tableau, SAS
Define test scope, plans and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with Compliance Business partnersImprove testing efficiency by simplifying, consolidating and automating existing processes, where necessary.Implement testing methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports high quality, on-time delivery.Effectively communicate and manage testing expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.Troubleshoot issues, analyze results and escalate as necessary.Maintain/verify testing evidence and document in test management tools.Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!