Sr. Analytics Integration Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Do you want to be on the forefront of the next BIG thing in advancing the analytic technology landscape? Are you driven by the thought of being involved at the ground level of an enterprise wide transformation? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast paced, collaborative environment?
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists.
*** BASED ON CANDIDATE PREFERENCE THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN OUR HEADQUARTERS IN RIVERWOODS ILLINOIS OR OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE ***
In this role, you will use your experience and hands-on approach with next generation technologies to contribute to a team that performs custom development work utilizing container (Kubernetes / OpenShift) and cloud (AWS) platforms.
- Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
- Work closely with clients and BT team members to understand the departmental stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions will be aligned with Discover and BT strategies and compliant with DFSs architectural standards
- Involved in the full life cycle of application and platform development, including design and implementation of build, release, deployment and configuration activities
- Integration of legacy and open-source RDBMS systems with modern technology stacks (AWS Cloud, Container Platforms, Kafka, Elastic, Spark/EMR)
- Engineering and integrating systems to support a team of developers delivering analytics solutions in a container / kubernetes environment (OpenShift) that integrates with cloud-base (AWS) services.
- Build tools and automation scripts that enable data scientists and business analysts to easily consume cloud-native services
- Responsible for platform optimization, capacity and configuration of within a larger cloud / big data ecosystem
- Develop PoCs using emerging technologies for real-time and big data analytics.
- Design and support container image lifecycle management systems
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in Information Technology
- 2+ years Linux/Unix experience including basic commands, shell scripting and solution engineering
- 2+ years working with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes / OpenShift, Docker)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins, Nexus)
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, IAM, Lambda, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, and S3
- 1+ year Analytics focused programming language (Python, R, Scala, SAS).
- Proficient with ANSI SQL
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience with solving problems and delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with design and implementation of REST API-based micro-services (Swagger and similar frameworks)
- Familiarity with SAS, R, Python for data mining and analytics
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL pipelines with big data solutions
- Experience managing code on Github
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- Familiarity with Complex Event Processing systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.