Senior Merchandising Analyst
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who We Are
The Merchandising team is responsible for building a suite or reporting and monitoring tools to ensure we’re giving the best experience in retail. Most of our work is cross-functional, executing new programs that affect every part of the business. Our team is driven by analytics, and curious about all aspects of our business related to Merchandising. We operate outside of traditional retail metrics, which is the core of what we build here at Trunk Club. If you’re an analytical person who loves product, performance and tools, you’re the perfect fit.
What You'll Do
As a Sr. Merchandising Analyst, you will be ultimately responsible for providing the data our product planning teams use to inform seasonal and real-time product buying and inventory management decisions. This will range from translating demand forecasts into detailed inventory requirements across both clubhouses and trunks, to building real-time dashboards to monitor inventory availability, to highlighting product performance issues via stylist and customer feedback. You will work with stakeholders in Product Planning, Site Merchandising, Marketing, and Finance to ensure we have the right data to increase relevant inventory availability while improving overall inventory efficiency. This will involve pulling in signals from different sources - stylist feedback, customer feedback, online shopping sessions, etc. - into a concise and actionable framework for making inventory decisions. If successful, you will help ensure we have the right inventory available for every member in every experience.
What your day might look like
- Create best-in-class inventory demand forecasts by translating financial sales plans and marketing activities into forecasts across sales channels, customer segments, and inventory types
- Build Tableau dashboards for reporting on demand and inventory performance
- Work with our Data Services team to develop new reporting tools and data sources to inform our merchandising strategy - from the lifecycle of a product to customer feedback reporting to stylist shopping behavior.
- Develop and maintain reporting dashboards that summarize product performance and inventory availability
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and project work to support strategic product or demand initiatives and synthesize results of analysis into clear, concise presentations for communication to a variety of audiences across the organization
- Advocate for changes to our customer experience, operations, or technology to improve the number or accuracy of our data sources, such as improved clubhouse or at-home appointment reporting or visibility into merchandising receipts or fulfillment center availability
- Collaborate with our data science team to understand how predictive analytics can support our goals within merchandising analytics
Who You Are
- Analytically savvy. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong project manager. You have strong interpersonal communication skills and perform well under firm deadlines within a rapidly changing environment.
- An identifier. You have a keen eye for executing channel assortment opportunities.
- An organization guru. You are able to prioritize, stay on task and deliver to deadlines.
- A multifaceted communicator. You’re comfortable communicating cross functionally at TC and with our vendor community.
What your Background May Look Like
- 4-7 years of experience in an analyst role, preferably within a retail or merchandising organization
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, operations research, mathematics, finance, or other quantitative field or equivalent experience: Master's degree a plus
- Experience forecasting demand across channels and customer segments
- Advanced proficiency in Tableau, working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work independently and effectively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with firm deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and interact regularly with senior members of the organization
How we work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in sales, technology, operations, finance and other product groups to define and implement performance strategies to accelerate sales growth, maximize merchandise and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee-shop!