Senior Manager, Packaging Design Research
Responsible for subject matter expertise, process and methodology development and implementation of the qualitative packaging research function. Supports clients and internal teams in the packaging development process from front-end idea through implementation.
- Leads client and internal research programs on time, on budget and to objective including selection of vendors and contractors, and business partners and collaborators.
- Creates and delivers research tools, capabilities and processes that support internal development needs for innovation and HAVI Packaging teams.
- Leads continued evolution of research capabilities to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of tools and processes for direct customer needs.
- Collaborates with client account and packaging leadership to establish processes for funding, approving, and managing research and testing programs for packaging development programs.
- Evaluates and establishes a suite of consumer research methodologies to best meet client and HAVI needs in key areas including low cost concept tests, operations test and other packaging guidance and validation needs.
- Supports development and tracking of appropriate departmental KPI’s.
- Manages activities of research analysts, research vendors, interns, and research assistants, as required to meet the above responsibilities.
- Provides knowledge and expertise to development of new processes and integration of new tools and technologies in the insights & design area.
- Supports departmental development, SVC growth, and HAVI integration via collaborations, meeting participation and stewardship of departmental objectives.
- Enhances HAVI market awareness and brand equity by contributing to thought-leadership pieces.
Desired Skills & Experience
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Packaging, Research, or a relevant discipline plus generally 10+ years of experience in qualitative research; graduate degree preferred.
- Experience with evaluating research vendors and qualitative research methodologies.
- Strong skills in primary qualitative research planning and analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Design Research Required.
- Packaging Experience a plus
- Experience with research report writing including framework development and storyline creation.
- Strong skills in relevant technology platform use such as InDesign, Adobe Suite, iMovie or another video editing suite, Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manage diverse needs of multiple stakeholders and demands of simultaneous projects and customers.
- Data and qualitative analysis experience and capability.
- Prior experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Foodservice sectors strongly preferred.
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success