Senior Database Administrator
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our Data team. Our team is passionate about automating our infrastructure and ensuring that we stay current with the latest technology practices. The Senior Database Administrator will deal with terabytes of data for all of our development and data science teams. If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Maintaining infrastructure (data stores, ETL tools)
- Optimizing queries for our SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Performance tuning and advises on best practices for data loads between data lake, internal data structures, internal and external API’s
- Brainstorming with data science and development teams and suggests data and architectural solutions
- Creating and anonymizing data for staging/testing purposes for all development teams
- Creating automations of repetitive tasks
- Mentoring associate database administrators, developers and other team members to help them create efficient structures and queries
- Collaborating with data engineers to build and maintain ETL pipelines
- Collaborating with data engineers to maintain infrastructure for the data team ecosystem
What is needed:
- Administrative-level experience with MySQL and other relational data stores
- Administrative-level experience with NoSQL data stores, preferably Elasticsearch
- Administer databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) for scale, stability, security, multi-user load management and performance
- Exceptional SQL, Python and Bash skills
- Experience with common file and concept data structures (JSON, CSV, lists, dictionaries, data frames, etc.)
- Experience with data sanitization processes and creation of said processes for testing purposes
- Experience with any data visualization tools/frameworks
- Optimization of large data processes (500GB to -5TB)
- Experience with both batch and streaming data processing
- Experience with AWS (access, admin, etc.)
- Version control/Git preferred
- Looker Experience (LookerML preferred)
- Amazon Systems Architect Associate certification is a plus
- Experience with terraform and chef is a plus
- Experience managing distributed data environments (Hadoop, Spark) is a plus
- Experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines using Airflow is also a plus
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description