Senior Data Scientist
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
As an ideal candidate —you are obsessed with data. You analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our customers. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. You have a passion for machine-learning and research. You are an excellent communicator and collaborator and can work with a diverse group, to get consensus. You have an entrepreneurial mind and thrive in an agile environment.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Leverage large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Develop and validate statistical forecasting models (predictive & prescriptive) and machine-learning algorithms, and combine models through ensemble modeling
- Research and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
- Collaborate with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Advanced degree (Masters at a minimum) in a quantitative field in one or more of the following: Computer Science, Computational Social Science, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or another quantitative field.
- Experience with the transportation and/or freight logistics industry a plus
- 5+ years of experience in advanced analytics, data mining, and machine learning model development and validation
- 5+ years of experience working on analytic-based projects and delivering results within scope, funding, and duration
- Experience with a statistical package and various programming languages such as R, SQL, Scala, Python, Java, C++, SAS, MatLab, etc.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Experience with standard classification and regression techniques, including dimension reduction, feature selection and hypothesis testing
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain modeling results to non-technical users
- Capacity for a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking