Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for moving, manipulating, and extracting value from out data across distributed systems at an ever-increasing scale. Their responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to provide solutions for the data needs of Tribune Publishing.
- Designing, write and maintain ETL and data delivery systems for the Data Team.
- Working closely with the Analytics, Business Intelligence and Data Architecture teams to understand the data required to deliver against specific needs, providing feedback and expertise to ensure that data can be provided in a scalable, stable fashion.
- Managing, along with others on the Data Engineering team, the integrity of our data engineering processes, and for the clear and consistent documentation of those processes.
- Collaborating with other Data Engineers to evaluate and scope priorities, delivering against prioritized tasks within an established sprint schedule.
- Proficient in Python 3 and SQL
- Source code management (git)
- Experience with AWS services including Redshift, S3, Kinesis, and EC2
- History with very large data systems
- Ability to work with data consumers to discover requirements for Data Team products
NICE TO HAVES
- Development with Docker containers
- Experience with development on DC/OS Marathon clusters
- Working with Jenkins or Airflow as a scheduler
- A history working in a Scrum development environments
- Flourish in a distributed work environment
Read Full Job Description