Senior Data Analyst
Direct Commerce Group, LLC (DCG) is a growing and entrepreneurial business with multiple areas of focus. Privately held and well capitalized by private investors and internet industry veterans, DCG currently operates Tall Ridge and Office Designs.
Tall Ridge (www.tallridge.com) is a full-service digital marketing agency focused on helping brands like Hydro Flask, Boll & Branch and Gerber Gear succeed on Amazon and other online marketplaces.
Office Designs (www.officedesigns.com) is an e-commerce business focused on offering high-end ergonomic seating, modern office furniture, and office décor products to small and mid-size businesses. Full-service offerings include design and layout services, curated product offering and installation. Because of our capabilities, we are selectively authorized to offer high-quality brands such as Herman Miller, Steelcase, Humanscale, and Haworth.
The Senior Data Analyst for Direct Commerce Group will be responsible for providing key business insights based on the analysis of KPI’s, as well as additional Ad-Hoc analysis on both the Marketplace (Tallridge.com) and core (OfficeDesigns.com) businesses. This position is based out of our Northbrook, IL office.
- Extract and transform raw data from various data sources into useful information to provide key insights into the overall health of the individual business units and DCG as a whole, allowing the company to more effectively set business priorities.
- Develop, enhance and manage various analytical solutions to support strategic and tactical decisions.
- Import, transform, validate and model data using Tableau visualization software.
- Implement overall process automation using Python or similar language to drive operational efficiency
- Determine best practice to gather, model, manipulate, and present
- Create and automate reports by established deadlines and on an ad-hoc basis
- Develops intermediate business knowledge of the functional area and processes particular as it pertains to the Netsuite ERP Software.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards to support all DCG business units and traffic channels including email, paid search, organic, email, print, affiliate, etc.
- Be the internal owner and an expert on all DCG current and future reporting tools including but not limited to Google Analytics, Bronto and Tableau
- Report email marketing campaign results and provide ongoing recommendations for optimization
- Work with the Data Analytics team to ensure the integrity of all data and reports generated from the Data Analytics team
- Develop a suite of client facing reports to provide Tall Ridge clients key insights into the health of their program
- Collaborate with Data Engineering team in the Design and developing DCG SQL Data Warehouse to ensure it supports all DCG reporting needs
- Assist GM in hiring of new Data Analyst team members as needed
- Support key roles, including but not limited to, Tableau Developer and Database Administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics
- Advanced skills in Python Data Packages
- Experience writing SQL and/or MySQL queries and familiarity with overall database architecture
- Experienced with visual data exploration tools, such as Tableau, QLIK or other
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Able to cross train others in areas of expertise
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly & annual bonus plan
- 2-3 weeks of vacation
- Smart and fun co-workers who will quickly feel like family
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k plan