Senior Data Analyst
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. As the first data hire in our brand new Chicago technology center, you’ll conduct analyses that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade.
What you’ll do
- Flexport is a company that runs on data - you'll be transforming data into action by working cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport;
- Meet with business stakeholders, understand business requirements, and use your analytic mindset to implement solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards. Our mantra is to make sure everyone is working smarter rather than just harder;
- Rapid prototype new functionality via dashboards to enable new ways of working and discover best practices for workflow management across all of Flexport's departments;
- Contribute and grow the culture of excellence on our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group.
What you’ll need
- 2-4 year(s) of experience in a Data Analyst, Business Analyst or similar role using SQL and/or Python/R focused on product analytics;
- SQL fluency with experience using a scripting language like Python or R. Strong Excel fundamentals a plus;
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another;
- Next level communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience at all levels of the global trade process.
What you’ll get
- Experience at a fast-growing company that lives and breathes data;
- The opportunity to define the data science culture on a small but growing analytics team;
- Meaningful equity in a startup growing their business 20% every month;
- Analytic ownership – discover the highest value-add projects and see them through from ideation to impact.