Senior Data Analyst, Growth
Position: Senior Data Analyst, Growth
Location: Chicago or New York
Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. As the leading retail technology partner with nearly 400 national brands, Raise offers a new type of digital payment for retailers.
Since the company launched in 2013, Raise has saved millions of consumers more than $140 million and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Raise, you are responsible for delivering data informed insights to the Growth Technology Squad, while providing expertise in data collection, experiment design, and interpretation of statistics. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with Marketing and Product stakeholders to increase growth and develop new business opportunities, provide recommendations in customer segmentation, marketing spend efficiency, customer behavior mining and buyer insights. You will be responsible for creating, analyzing and optimizing reports that help to drive critical product decisions. While working with your Squad of designers, engineers and product managers, you will contribute by ensuring we build and test the features that drive incremental value in our products.
Because we care deeply about building great products for all kinds of people, we’ve spent a lot of time focused on creating a work environment that’s inclusive, friendly and empathetic. Therefore, the best candidate for this role will focus on people first, consistently striving to support the success, satisfaction and empowerment of their own squad members, business partners, and ultimately, Raise members.
- Work directly with engineers, designers, and product managers to understand and satisfy members’ needs, while communicating and coordinating closely with business partners and leadership
- Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights that lead to innovation and business growth
- Develop reports and dashboards that assist business stakeholders and further understanding of our products
- Collaborate with engineers to collect new data sources into our data warehouse and data visualization platform
- Design and evaluate new feature requests through online experimentation (A/B testing)
- Constantly learn, discover, and implement ways of improving your own knowledge and our shared workflows
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to perform ad hoc analyses, measure the validity of the results, and communicate actionable insights to decision makers
- Proficiency in SQL and databases
- Exposed to ETL, data model design, and data warehouse concepts
- Experience using cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- 4+ years of experience in data modeling, statistical analysis and experiment design for marketing efforts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent collaborative skills, with experience using git and GitHub a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics or other online testing and web analytics platform is a plus
- Proficiency in R or Python, strong desire to learn analytical languages is a must
- Expose to software project management according to lean or Agile methodologies is a plus
- BA/BS degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Competitive PTO
- Raise Gives Back- 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V