Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Want to use your analytical skills to help local businesses thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst you will play a key role in the Global Services Organization. By working closely with our customer experience teams and supporting overall data analytics for the GSO, you will be tasked with the overseeing a variety of growth initiatives that target our key customer segments. Tactically, you will help frame analysis and results while also partnering with our Reporting & Data Science teams to ensure stakeholders receive the data and insights needed to track and iterate their programs.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
In this role, you will:
- Enable and empower data consumers to make better informed decisions
- Diagnose, investigate and troubleshoot data quality issues
- Responsible for scoping, creating, sustaining and improving a critical reporting infrastructure using data from different sources
- Translate stakeholder’s requirements into reporting/analytics deliverables and sync up to customize reports for achieving maximum adoption
- Ensure data integrity to deliver accurate reporting to stakeholders in business
- Collaborate with users in Operations, Product, Robotics, Data science and Finance
- Proactively identify report optimization
We're excited about you if you have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Analytics, Statistics or Mathematics and 5+ years in relevant experience.
2+ years of work experience in Apache hive
2+ years of work experience in Hadoop or Amazon Redshift. Hadoop preferred.
3+ years of work experience in SQL
3+ years of work experience in Teradata or MS SQL server or MYSQL
2+ years work experience with any of the data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Qlikview. Tableau preferred
- You thrive in a fluid and dynamic fast-paced environment, and embrace ambiguity
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with precise attention to detail
- You have a meticulous attention to detail and have delivered results while juggling multiple projects
- Problem-solving skills, project management expertise and strategic vision
- Bonus points if you have experience or familiarity with e-commerce or retail environments
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.