Senior BI Architect
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Architect to join our emerging Advanced Analytics practice in the Chicago office. This is an excellent opportunity to work within our Information Management team with Fortune 250 clients developing BI strategy and roadmaps, implementing new customer facing reporting and analytics platforms, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, and professional services.
· Provide data management expertise to our clients in evaluating requirements and developing data architecture and BI solution design. Data management includes appropriate structuring, stewardship of data, semantics/syntax of data attributes, coding structures, and mapping schemes.
· Design logical Data Warehouse architecture and data model, implement physical Data Warehouse design (schema, indexes, partitions, etc.)
· Design ETL architecture including CDC, mappings, data flows, procedures, schedules, etc.
· Design OLAP and semantic layer based on the reporting requirements
· Design reporting architecture and provide recommendations for reporting technology
· Guide and coach developers, share best practices, perform code reviews
· Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration within data warehouse and that data integrity issues are addressed.
· Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and aid business and technical development.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· The ideal candidate will have 7 + years of hands-on professional experience.
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Travel requirements: up to 50 %
· 5+ years of prior consulting experience
· Very strong technical knowledge in ETL tools (SQL Server SSIS or Informatica), Databases (SQL Server 2012, Oracle), OLAP tools (Microsoft SSAS), Reporting tools (Microsoft SSRS, Cognos), ability to work alone or in conjunction with a DBA
· Microsoft BI certification is strong plus
· Has good knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a Business Intelligence environment.
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required as well as flexibility in job role and working hours during critical deliveries
· A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.