Senior Analyst - Supply Chain
As the Senior Analyst you will be responsible for the successful ongoing operations of Groupon Goods Supply Chain Innovation team. You will leverage your experience in logistics and inventory management for supply chain optimization and fulfillment operations. You’ll be hands-on in supply chain analytics, working with both business and engineering teams to implement solutions and bring strategic insights. You will also be the key analytic and decision making support for fulfillment operations. You will be working actively in modeling supply chain optimization problems to find optimal solutions and building algorithms. You will also analyze the performance of different aspects of supply chain such as fulfillment, transportation, freight and inventory levels for different types of products to identify the right balance between fulfillment cost, inventory risk and order to delivery time.
Role and responsibilities:
- Own projects and initiatives in supply chain analytics and partner with operations team to quantify parameters and build algorithms to drive continuous improvement in forecasting, logistics and operations
- Partner with engineering team to scale up solutions and continuously monitor and improve the solution
- Providing business visibility through dashboarding in tableau and SQL queries
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise in inventory and logistics in driving down cycle time and reducing costs
- Gathering requirements from business users, translating to functional requirements, and coordinating work between technical and business teams
- Undergraduate/Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, MBA in operations with strong data background
- 2-4 years of work experience in Supply chain and logistics optimization industry and contribution in Innovation projects in Supply chain
- Rich experience to work on big data to identify actionable business opportunities and long-term strategies
- Extensive experience working with cross functional teams (e.g. engineering, finance and business operations)
- Deep knowledge to support rigorous, financially-rooted decision-making and guide development, optimization, and business efforts
- Solid knowledge in inventory planning, logistics and the online retail business
- Knowledge of statistics and optimization is a must. Knowledge of optimization platforms such as R is a plus
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.