Senior Analyst, Population Health Operations
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to premier health systems. Our Population Health Operations team is central to our model of care and works hand in hand with primary care providers to change the local landscape of care delivery. As a Senior Analyst, Population Health Operations at our organization you will be a key partner implementing population health management capabilities across a network of primary care medical clinics.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will support the performance of a specified group of providers under value based contracts. You will collaborate with VillageMD-Chicago teams and network practice staff to integrate analytic, ancillary and operations capabilities to manage patient populations against improvements in the ‘Quadruple Aim’ of healthcare: better outcomes, lower cost and an improved patient and clinician experience. Part of your mission will be to design, monitor and continually improve processes that support our network providers in value based care, managing to cost and revenue targets. You will also support patient and clinician engagement initiatives. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care.
What are some examples of initiatives you will be driving as a Senior Analyst, Population Health Operations atVillageMD?
- Collaborating with management and operations team members to support the development of strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving the quality, while reducing the cost of care delivered
- Helping to drive an optimal patient experience through VMD processes and services; evaluating existing approaches and identifying areas for improvement
- Enabling successful practice performance under value based contracts
- Supporting and executing on operational procedures and best practices related to VMD-Chicago market operations and services for network practices
What will make you successful here?
- A consistent track record of achieving results both with and through others
- A proactive nature with strong personal initiative
- A talent for balancing critical thinking with hands-on execution
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems, with a strong results-orientation
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- The ability to research and validate data directly tied to population health and value-based care
What you might do in your first year:
- Along with population health operations and care management teams, support the development of a workflow to enable annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
- Collaborate with provider partners to assist in the design and implementation of technologies to support clinical documentation to improve accuracy in diagnosis selection
- Analyze practice panel data to help identify quality measure improvement opportunities to drive strong performance under value based contracts
- Support efforts to design patient engagement strategy around chronic condition prevalence to support providers in delivering high quality care at a lower total cost
- Help to facilitate evolving provider and practice staff education across core VillageMD model workstreams
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or a relevant field
- At least one year of work experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with a complex provider organization
- Demonstrated success collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven ability to implement data into practice and respond to analytical insights with strategies and solutions that impact the provision of care; evidence-based decision-making skills
- Strong analytical skills; comfortable with data, data manipulation and reporting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and work with healthcare data and reporting
- Direct experience working with physicians preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at VillageMD. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.