What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You'll Do
As a Security Analyst, you’ll be responsible for assisting in the development of Uptake’s technical security standards, performing solution research, and managing proof of concept testing. In addition, the Security Analyst will work with the Security Team in documenting implementation and maintenance guides for the Technical Operations team.
- 1-3 years as a technical security practitioner or SOC analyst
- Think through problems and develop creative solutions
- Networking and Unix/Linux security skills
- Experience in monitoring Security Solutions such as SIEM, IPS and others
- Experience in SOC Operations, Blue Team, Threat-Hunting
- Familiarity with Bug Bounty programs
- Familiarity with database, operating system and application security
- Understanding of Security risks and countermeasures
- Experience in managing Security Solution vendors
- Programming skills
- Experience in Cloud technologies
- Managing network and endpoint based security tools
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.