Risk Policy Analyst
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
RISK POLICY ANALYST
We're looking for an exceptional candidate who will be responsible for documenting new policy changes, updating existing internal procedures, and communicating changes across multiple departments/teams within the organization. Self-management and effective communication skills are keys to success in this position on this new team. Our strong preference is 1-2 years experience in professional writing. Knowledge of fraud, compliance, and underwriting in a CNP/internet merchant based environment are preferred.
- Synthesizing complex information for general distribution and for the use of Braintree employees to use as a source of direction for both Risk, Underwriting, as well as other Braintree and PayPal teams
- Reviewing current teams’ statement of work and other sources of information to ensure it accurately depicts existing processes
- Manage queue of requests from multiple departments across the organization and provide prompt responses addressing policy needs
- Meet deadlines/SLAs while maintaining quality for multiple concurrent projects
- Communicate to stakeholders process changes and improvements in a clear concise manner
- Handle ad hoc assignments from department head or management
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for Braintree Risk and Underwriting (Global Credit) to ensure compliance with financial and governmental regulatory body requirements
- Skilled writer and excellent communicator
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, as well as explain a situation different ways to multiple audiences
- Appreciates an oxford comma
- High attention to detail and the ability to multitask without sacrificing quality
- A self-starter who is able to identify gaps and create clever solutions
- A patient and flexible person who has experience working with various departments to document policies and assist them after implementation with necessary changes
- A team player (we believe in "we" vs "I") who understands compromise is key and wants to set others up for success
- A virtuous type: the words honesty, good deeds, kindness, and appreciation shouldn’t be foreign to you
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!