Research Director - HR and Productivity
About G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 Crowd empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 500,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly 1.4 million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2 Crowd, Inc. is seeking a Research Director with a HCM background to join its Buyer Research team. The Research Director will be responsible for leading G2 Crowd's HR and Productivity technology category team, ensuring the accuracy of HCM and Productivity product categorization and supporting overall growth in the set of HR and Productivity categories.
The Research Director, HR and Productivity is responsible for researching, writing and advising buyers about trends and products in HCM and Productivity technology. The director must have a deep understanding of current HR trends and products.
- Category Expertise: Serves as a subject matter expert on HR and Productivity technology, and organizational digital transformation initiatives related to HCM and related solutions.
- Thought-leadership: A demonstrated though leader in HR and Productivity technology and the ability to deliver credible content in a variety of formats on the subject.
- Category development: Take appropriate actions to grow the business in the assigned categories through sales support, business development, partner development and other methods as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degrees a plus
- 10 years of directly applicable industry and/or research experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage a team
- Track record of successful business development with vendors in the B2B Services industry
- Demonstrate a track record of content development and delivery
- Ability to deliver public presentations and represent G2 Crowd at industry events
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct oversight
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to influence across G2 Crowd.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to travel approximately 30%+
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.