Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Avant is looking for a Data Management QA analyst to join the team in Chicago. As we improve and refactor our big data infrastructure, we need to ensure that the data used for internal and external reporting remains consistent. You will work with members of the Data Management and Data Services teams to build tooling for large-scale data validation, then leverage this tooling to validate the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of raw and transformed data sets.
What you do at Avant
- Developing and implementing tooling to assess the validity of data sets.
- Validating large-scale data migrations in our Hadoop ecosystem.
- Writing SQL and Python code to analyze trillions of data points across thousands of tables.
- Performing exploratory analysis in Jupyter and Looker to support ETL development and QA.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience in data analysis, preferably working with large data sets
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool is a plus.
- Experience working with Python and in a Hadoop environment is a plus.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description