Production Planning Analyst
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 250 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About this job:
As the Production Planning Analyst you are the backbone of the company’s production schedule and metrics. In this critical role you will tell our warehouse team what ingredients to requisition, inform our processing team how much of each ingredient to wash/chop/cook/etc, and ensure our assembly team knows how many of each of our products to produce. You will capture key production metrics and surface trends to the management team. We are looking for an efficiency expert to help us analyze, cultivate, and improve our production planning, model and process.
In a typical week, you will...
- Generate the reports required by all floor teams (production, inventory, warehouse) to execute their daily responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to optimize requisition and production plans taking into account the intricacies and complexities of each recipe and daily production capacity
- Analyze ingredient usage and yields and surface trends to help the team achieve production volume goals and cost targets
- Develop and maintain the weekly production scorecard to assess the effectiveness of production as well as the accuracy of the production planning model
- Successfully balance multiple competing priorities within a rapid growth environment to create a schedule for production that maximizes production efficiencies
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences, or business
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable goals
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and challenges
- Passion for food and the Farmer’s Fridge mission to improve people’s lives through 24/7 access to fresh food;
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows - we are in a new place every quarter!
- Efficiency minded. You are analytical and passionate about process improvement
- Detail Oriented. You understand that every ounce of an ingredient matters and you make sure your reports are 100% accurate
- Openly collaborative. Big egos need not apply!
- Flexible and Available. Willing to work odd hours when needed - we are a 24-7 operation and developing/managing aspects of our system may sometimes mean working outside the typical 9-5.
- Analytical. You will need to figure things out like Sherlock Holmes. The solution might not be obvious.
- Positivity. There are a ton of challenges to building something new, so we need people who embrace challenges and failure as opportunities to grow and improve
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits or access to free Farmer’s Fridge meals.
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Professional development opportunities
- Clarity Breaks. We encourage you to step away from your routine to reflect on your work strategy and top priorities
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Sports Leagues. Fueling teamwork and collaboration with a healthy dose of fun competition
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures