Product Insights Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
- We’re looking for a candidate with a unique skillset – an independent go-getter who is just as comfortable running a hypothesis-driven deep dive analysis on customer ordering patterns, as they are spending hours in a freezer running operational tests on a new piece of packaging they helped design.
- The types of projects for this role will vary greatly and will span everything from insights and analytics, packaging, tech and design to culinary and operations. Individuals who are motivated, hungry to learn, data-driven and eager to get a crash course in addressing the challenges faced by a fast-growing company will do well. This role will be based in Chicago, IL, with limited travel to other facilities (Lithonia, GA, San Bernardino, CA).
- This role will be a member of the Product Insights team, and is not a Marketing role.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments (i.e. Operations, Procurement, Culinary, Marketing, Tech, etc.) to identify product-related questions, test and iterate on different hypotheses and implement improvements
- Develop new methods and techniques to improve how we understand our customers, the meal kit industry and the broader e-commerce / food space
- Identify customer needs through proactive outreach including customer surveys, focus groups, ethnographic studies, user testing and other methods
- Develop data-driven hypotheses of how to best address customer needs and design and execute the tests to validate these hypotheses
- Convert validated hypotheses into results by managing and implementing full projects spanning new business development, product design, operational improvements and whitespace innovation
- Independently work on special projects and day-to-day assignments
- Drive business results by injecting product and consumer insights into all aspects of the business
- Become an expert on the operations side of the business to understand how all products are used end-to-end from sourcing to production
- Manage multiple stakeholders on projects to drive measurable impact
- 2-3 years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment – consulting, finance, data analytics, CPG, manufacturing, etc.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize work streams based on value creation and alignment with the Home Chef strategy
- Exceptional Excel and Google Sheets analytics with an innate feel for numbers. SQL and Python proficiency preferred
- Independent self-starter inclined towards finding solutions without significant oversight
- Intellectually curious, with a strong interest in the food, e-commerce and start-up space
- Results driven active problem solver with a natural desire to get things done
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Bachelor’s Degree. An advanced degree is a plus
Perks and Benefits:- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy- 401k program - Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses- Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees- Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge- Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits- Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day- Casual dress Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer