Pharmacy Research Associate
At Lumere, we are clinicians, researchers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and strategic thought leaders focused on one mission: helping hospital leaders and physicians deliver the highest quality, most efficient care by uncovering and eliminating unwarranted care variation and unnecessary costs - specifically related to device and drug selection and utilization.
Our vanguard approach? Partnering with health systems to ensure that care delivery choices are always backed by data and guided by evidence, drug and device costs are justified by clinical outcomes, and doctors and hospital leaders have access to the right insights and analytics to make the best care decisions for every patient.
What you will be doing:
As a Pharmacy Research Associate, you will develop pharmaceutical expertise and be responsible for collecting, evaluating, and synthesizing pharmacy/drug research to be used in our solution to make value-based drug decisions that improve patient outcomes and reduce costs. You will also assist and collaborate with Pharmacy Researchers to support drug group projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a naturally curious, self-starter with a passion for learning and understanding pharmaceuticals as well as using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Research, structure, and maintain clinical drug information from various credible sources such as clinical trials, PubMed, Google Scholar, peer-reviewed literature, and FDA
- Assess rigor of clinical trials, including study design, statistical analysis, conclusions, bias, and applicability
- Maintain high quality level of detail and appearance of information in our proprietary software
- Apply critical thinking, creativity, and resourcefulness to contribute to discussions of product comparability and value assessments
- Strengthen tactical understanding of the medication use process in inpatient and outpatient settings to support differentiation or equivalence between competitive products
- Entry level or 1+ years of pharmaceutical research or healthcare industry experience
- BA, BS, and/or MS degree with concentration in natural or biomedical sciences
- Basic understanding of pharmaceuticals and clinical trials
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of competence working with data in spreadsheets