Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is expanding its Operations Strategy team in Chicago. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven candidate who is excited by the thought of building operations from the ground up (and then making them BIG.) You should be comfortable jumping between project management, data, daily contact center operations, technology and vendor relations.
In your role as an Operations Strategy Associate, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support and execution of projects that span across all areas within Operations including Customer Service, Collections, Recoveries, and Credit Originations. Additionally, core to the responsibility of each member of the Operations Strategy team is to continually challenge the status quo to ensure optimization of all processes that support the full customer lifecycle - your work will have a direct impact on the bottom line of the business.
What you do at Avant:
- Manage initiatives that focus on new projects and process optimization; Initiatives will require end-to-end execution from initial assessment through recommendation and implementation
- Coordinate with department leaders and business stakeholders to better understand objectives to ensure that operational processes align with product and business goals
- Own and/or oversee the execution and ongoing management of strategic deliverables set forth by the Executive Team
- Build and/or maintain operational dashboards and reporting suite to track, manage, and provide valuable insights on metrics and KPIs
- Author and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS in Finance, Math, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with driving new projects, balancing business needs vs. technical constraints, and coordinating across cross-functional teams
- Experience with process improvement, management consulting, and/or analytics required
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or corresponding Google applications; SQL experience a plus
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.