MS SQL Server DBA
Infutor provides world-class data solutions for businesses to most accurately identify key consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions. We do this through access to the most comprehensive and accurate data, provided through powerful and flexible technology, giving businesses extensive insight into the core of their business. Infutor's data solutions drive essential business functions in identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, and compliance applications.
Infutor was formed in 2003 as a compiler of mass telephone and referential data assets. Since then, Infutor Data Solutions has grown into a full-service provider, producing world-class data solutions, which empower businesses to make critical, strategic decisions. In 2016, Infutor received a large strategic investment led by the growth equity team at Norwest Venture Partners, a global multi-stage investment firm with more than $6 billion in capital under management.
Infutor’s headquarters are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. with offices in Fort Myers, FL., and San Rafael de Escazú, Costa Rica.
The MS SQL Server DBA will work in our growing technology team. You will focus on our MS SQL Server databases in development and production in a high-availability environment.
Our SQL Server databases power our customer facing applications that include API, batch and query access. We are looking for an expert database technologist that enjoys working with large databases (4TB+), high volumes, replication and has deep experience with MS SQL Server and enjoys working with a fun supportive team in a fast growing, dynamic company.
The MS SQL Server environment is currently in two data centers running in 2008 and 2008R2, and some applications are being migrated to AWS and will be running in 2017 utilizing the AWS RDS Service.
This role will support our Senior DBA and focus on supporting our development teams as they work to improve performance and access of databases that our customers use to access our large consumer identity graph. You will also focus on production database tuning, backups, replication, improving queries and optimizing data movement into the databases.
This role will also have the opportunity to learn and support new technologies around an AWS Data Lake, EMR/Hadoop Spark, HDFS and HIVE SQL queries.
This role will report to the VP of Data Engineering, and be based in the corporate headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a MS SQL Server DBA, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborative design, development and query optimization with programmers to tune indexes, queries and stored procedures.
- Physical database design, construction and implementation using current database technology
- Performance monitoring and tuning (OS, Disk, SQL Server, Query level tuning)
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks and configuration patching
- Database backup and recovery
- Capacity planning, monitoring, and upgrade planning and implementation of SQL Server Software.
- Ability to collaborate with and support the infrastructure team
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal Technical Expertise:
- 2+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA
- 5+ years of professional technical experience (as a data analyst, DBA, developer, etc)
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 (or R2), Replication and Production Maintenance is also required. Experience with SQL Server 2016/17 is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of transactional replication and database mirroring
- Significant breadth and depth of experience in the design, development, maintenance and administration of databases
- Be able to fulfill On-Call rotation requirements after hire
- BS in Computer Science or Information Technology or similar field
- Current MCSA (Database Administration) or MCDBA certification is preferred
- Experience with AWS, RDS and S3 is a strong plus
- Experience with Oracle or NoSQL databases is also a plus
Ideal Business Expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving
- Quality focus
- Quick learner interested in self-development
- Ability to multitask with multiple projects and work independently
Benefits and Perks
Because at Infutor, People Matter
Our total rewards package is competitive and offers a wide range of options, including tools and resources that help employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver. Our benefit programs and services help employees attain their future retirement savings and career goals, as well as help to meet their everyday needs today.
Our benefit offering is designed to allow employees to tailor a benefits package that best meets their unique needs. Benefits are offered through a partnership with ADP TotalSource, providing online access to enrollment, resources, and support.
Our benefits are subject to change, and offered to Full-Time, Permanent Employees.
- Ownership—Performance Unit Grants
- Corporate Bonus Program Eligibility
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Match
- 100% employer paid monthly premiums for Employee Only Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- A variety of medical and prescription drug insurance plan options available through our provider, Humana , including a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plan, two Point-Of-Service (PSO) Plans, and a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
- Dental ( Guardian ) and Vision ( VSP ) insurance.
- Free Access to Life Management Tools: Employee Assistance Program, Discounts, Wellness, and iLearn Professional Development Portal
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Healthcare and Dependent Care through WageWorks. A Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) is available when you choose the HDHP.
- 100% employer paid Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance, and Long-Term Disability .
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan administered by Voya that allows participants to have the choice of Roth or pre-taxed contributions automatically deducted from your pay.
- Voluntary Benefits designed exclusively for ADP TotalSource by Mercer Voluntary Benefits, a leader in employee benefits program design. Utilizing Mercer’s Marketplace portal, this value-based program provides access to a wide variety of insurance products and services that offer the advantage of group rates and the convenience of payroll deductions.
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Group Legal Services Plan
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance & Group Universal Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Paid Time Off for vacation, illness, and parental leave.
- Company sponsored events and much more!