Microsoft SQL Server - Senior Database Administrator
The successful candidate is responsible for directly supporting the daily administration of the Microsoft SQL Servers used at bswift Database Management and Data Warehouse environments, as well as the application databases used for EDI, Imports, Infrastructure and other business applications. Will provide technology strategy, direction, management and support to business systems delivery and maintenance. Will also help build bswift next generation platform for operational and Business Intelligence.
- Maintain and implements new databases for various bswift environments as production, Sandbox, QA, UAT, development or performance.
- Monitors capacity and performance for production and non-production databases to ensure they are highly reliable, efficient, cost effective, and provide the required functionality.
- Seeks opportunities to improve database performance by identifying tuning measures and implementing them when appropriate.
- Tests upgrades/new releases of database software and related products. Assesses impacts to customers and the database environment.
- Plays major contributor role in the testing and evaluating of new database products and tools. This includes the determination of their applicability to the database environment.
- Maintain, enhance, develop and administer complex ETL solutions using MS SQL Server 2016 SSIS packages as well as - Microsoft Analysis Services cubes (including DMVs and dimensions). Ability to write complex DMX queries.
- Construct architecture for hourly/nightly aggregations and summarizations needed in Data Warehouse.
- Provide expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprises overall Data Warehouse architecture.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy and improvement; and processes for governing the identification, collection and use of corporate metadata to assure metadata is accurate and valid in the business intelligence environments.
- Provides input to the process of integrating vendor application software into the bswift infrastructure.
- Provides database problem resolution support, including off-hours coverage, based on required business service levels.
- Provides transfer of knowledge and skills to other team members, application areas, and business customers.
- Actively participate in day-to-day interactions with various cross-functional teams of developers, DBAs and associate product managers.
- Evaluate and implement products and implement best-practices to enhance bswift Database Management and Data Warehouse solutions.
10+ years of experience developing, maintaining and administering Microsoft SQL Server databases.
5+ years of experience with other Microsoft SQL Server products (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) as well as BI concepts.
5+ years of experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse / ETL products.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.