Market Strategy Analyst
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in either finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or one of the hard sciences; or equivalent experience
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- High level of competency and familiarity with Excel, Access, or other data management tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments
What We’d Love to See:
- 1-2 years professional experience in an analytical/quantitative position
- Prior management consulting experience would be a plus
- Some familiarity with statistical software tools
- Desire to produce high quality work
- Someone driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
Impact You'll Make:
- Within the first 90 days you will learn the intricacies of TransUnion, the financial services segment and how we support our customers.
- After 90 days, you will support the First Party Collections team in the market strategy and market development efforts.
- Project Coordination: You will be responsible for managing multiple assignments and completing agreed-upon deliverables in a timely manner. You will be responsible for scheduling and participating in status meetings with teams and decision makers (e.g., preparing agendas, gathering materials, summarizing notes, and sharing next steps).
- Relationship Building: You will build trust with internal and external business partners and project sponsors by meeting individual commitments and collaborating with cross-functional teams. You will utilize the relationships you build with internal subject matter experts as well as members of Sales, Marketing, IT and other functions to gather insights and validate key assumptions and results.
- Research: You will conduct general market research activities by collecting and analyzing primary and secondary information to better describe our organization, the industries we serve, as well as our customers and business partners - You will build a solid understanding of the internal and external data sources available to fuel research projects and support/ refute key hypotheses Under the guidance of more senior team members, you will create meaningful business cases to support new products and other growth initiatives based on a fact-based, analytically-driven approach. Through your research, you will understand our business capabilities and requirements, the market’s demands, and any gaps that exist. You will maintain awareness of current market trends through industry publications, press releases, and various forms of primary research (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.)
- Analysis: You will mine internal and external data for key customer trends and business opportunities. You will maintain and develop new reporting models to support core sales initiatives - You will develop forecasting models (with different scenarios) to support new growth initiatives. You will translate qualitative information (through surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations.
- Communication: You will understand key communication objectives (internal and external) and an effective path to meet those goals. With management’s supervision, you will create client- and executive-ready materials (e.g., agendas, memos, discussion guides, marketing collateral, and PowerPoint presentations. You will help create discussion materials with clearly articulated messages and storylines supported by market research and data analysis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.