Manager, Strategy and Analytics
We are looking for a Strategy and Analytics Manager to drive revenue growth for the Groupon Local business. This person will be a key member of the Revenue Management team tasked with driving initiatives based on data-driven insights to drive revenue growth. The person who fills this role will provide data-driven insights, help drive high-level strategic decisions, and will drive initiatives that move the business forward. We’re looking for a passionate, creative and analytic person who is chomping at the bit to enable an individual business drive incremental revenue for the company. The person should enjoy analytics, collaboration, and seeking out - and executing on - opportunities. Given the continued growth of the business, the role requires the ability to pivot quickly between revenue opportunities as well as an ability to engage in robust “big picture” conversations with team and business leadership.
- Use data-driven insights to deliver financial targets for business
- Partner closely with GM of business(es) to identify and drive initiatives across sales, marketing, merchandising, pricing, and product
- Use data to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives to optimize business performance
- Provide thought leadership and oversight for business data analysis needs for the business. Includes responsibility for prioritizing business analytics needs within centralized team structure.
- Work with central Analytics team to facilitate all analysis and measurement reporting
- Partner with key teams to define near, mid and long-term implications of key analyses, including Sales, Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, and others.
- Use insights to arbitrate and understand scale/size of various levers and can recommend course of actions
- Evaluate incrementality of initiatives and understand trade offs for the overall Groupon business
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in management consulting, B2B operations, or similar; technology / eCommerce experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Economics, or similar; MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred
- Significant experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos, or similar) and Excel is a must; SQL experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional setting
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills required
- Self-starter, fast learner, adaptive to fast-paced working environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information to senior management
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.