Do you want a career and not just a job? Are you ready to make a difference and not just make a living? Do you desire to have an impact on the future of talent in a world-class organization? Is it time take the dive into your next great adventure? If so, apply now as your first step towards joining one of the most dynamic and innovative teams in the business today.
McDonald’s Corporation is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 36,000 locations in over 100 countries. Our U.S. business includes:
- Home office headquarters located in Chicago, IL
- Ten field offices located across the country, supporting our employees, brand and more than 14,000 restaurants ran by McDonald's and our franchisees
At McDonald's, it's our mission to offer dynamic careers for a variety of business functions around the world including, but not limited to positions working in:
- Human Resources
- Learning & Development
- Consumer Business Insights
We believe that a career here is an opportunity for you to be the best at what you're passionate about, in a supportive, inclusive environment where you are valued and respected. We are dedicated to building a committed workplace that rewards and recognizes you for your loyal contribution, and supporting you by offering growth and advancement opportunities. We believe the best people in the world work right here.
Manager, Customer Data Strategy
Over the past couple of years, McDonald’s has made a considerable investment in digital transformation aimed at putting the customer at the front and center of everything. In 2017, McDonald’s started modernizing its stores in efforts of creating state-of-the-art restaurants which include self-ordering kiosks, digital menu boards and table service. McDonald’s launched a mobile app with innovative geo-fencing capabilities that determine when customers are approaching the restaurant, ensuring the food will be as fresh as possible. The app also allows for mobile payments and lets customers get their food without standing in line or waiting in the drive-through.
With all the transformation taking place, McDonald’s has also acquired a rich set of data that is equally important in helping ensure all experiences both in-store and outside are relevant. As a result, McDonald’s formed a new division within US Marketing - Customer Data Strategy, Technology and Marketing Sciences. The goal of this team is to demonstrate the data acquired through digital properties as a strategic asset to drive towards rich personalized experiences for the customer.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Manager, Customer Data Strategy will lead strategic recommendations as it relates to the following:
- Manage the POVs and strategies for McDonald’s utilizing both known and anonymous information to inform Omni-channel marketing execution and decisions.
- Able to provide expertise, vendor knowledge, and industry standard methodologies across digital technology components including:
- Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
- Customer Data Platforms (CDPs)
- Digital Analytics and Measurement
- Develop recommendations for how to best demonstrate information and technology to drive programs across paid and owned digital media channels including:
- Work cross-functionally with internal (IT, Finance, Operations) and external partners (agency partners, technology companies)
- Posses at least 3-5 years of experience working with marketing clouds (Salesforce, Oracle, Adobe, etc.)
- Ability to communicate technical information with business relevance to both technical and business audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are proficient in SQL and R or Python
- Self-starter who is able to own the ongoing success of a large organization