Junior Data Scientist
Who We Are
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
What You'll Do
Partner with key stakeholders to research and create the learning infrastructure that will be used to drive decision making
Help solve issues pertaining to forecasting inventory in multiple locations, scoring most efficient transit routes, creating models around internal and customer data
Building models and testing hypotheses
Working closely with developers to map out database models and determine implementation of algorithms
- Advanced knowledge of R, and/or Python
- Knowledge of building time series, spatial, or financial forecasting models for prediction
- Familiarity with any or all of the following:
- Machine Learning/Forecasting
- Bayesian inference
- Random forest and decision tree models
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, or related field.
- ~3 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of one or more of C#, Java, Scala
- Strong statistical analysis background
- Previous experience in an eCommerce or Logistics/Supply Chain management environments
- Azure Machine Learning Studio or comfortable working in cloud hosted environments (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)