Jr. Data Quality Analyst
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented professional to join us in the role of Jr. Data Quality Analyst. In this role you will drive data quality process from the initial collection phase to products going live on the Label Insight platform. This position provides a great opportunity to grow and develop a career in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Drive data quality process from the initial collection phase to products going live on the Label Insight platform always keeping in mind the extreme complexity of the data and needs for accuracy.
- Design and manage workflows for quality review and improvement.
- Review and report on quality from all elements of the product workflow.
- Propose ideas for tracking and improving data quality processes
- Analyze large amounts of data to determine where workflow, workforce and overall project improvements can be achieved
- Participate in larger development solution conversations
- Collaborate with Engineering to design scenario/validation testing within our vendor-facing platform
- Monitor production quality from various external and offshore resources
- Implementing, documenting and communicating best/standard practices where applicable
- Liaising with other internal departments to uncover additional quality based requirements.
- Strategic and tactical oversight of master data quality
- Responsible for customer and product master data quality – both accuracy and timeliness
- Ownership of customer and product master data quality metrics, audits, and key indicators.
- Drive best practice process improvements based on investigation/analysis and solicited feedback, including updates to business data definitions, governance policy, and data quality metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree Required ( A Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or related fields preferable ).
- Experience in process monitoring and quality assurance of large data environments
- Demonstrated experience working within data analytics with tools such as SAS or SPSS
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a start-up environment – this role will have some responsibilities outside of the normal 9-5 workday. We work at a very fast pace and things change frequently.
- Project management skills or experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in MySQL is required
- Experience in Apache Solr is a plus
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools preferred
- Experience working in a technology focused environment is preferred
About Label Insight:
Label Insight is a high-growth technology company founded with the mission of helping CPG companies and retailers to help their consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Our world class SaaS data platform is transforming the way brands and retailers interact with and share product data in order to bring product transparency to the consumer.
Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of tech engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
As a team, we share a common set of values: We are innovative problem solvers. We believe in transparency, both in our product and in our work. We have curious minds and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We value scientific inquiry. We aren’t afraid to take risks, and fail fast to learn and improve. We embrace uniqueness. We are lifelong learners and value intellectual honesty.