International Decision Science Consultant
”TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions.” -Chris Cartwright, President US Info Services, CEO Administration
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Opportunity to work with teams around the world
What you’ll bring:
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field
- At least five (5) years of professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services or related industries.
- Multiple examples of demonstrated success in client-facing (internal/external) roles over a period of at least three (3) years
- Advanced programming skills; mastery of a statistical language such as R or SAS;
- An understanding of current Financial Services industry challenges and trends at the level needed to proactively identify customers’ analytical needs and related business opportunities.
What we’d prefer to see:
- Experience using other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Hive, Python, C/C++, Java)
- International experience and familiarity with foreign languages preferred.
- Experience working with credit bureau data and solutions preferred.
- Atlanta, Chicago, or Leeds-based position, up to 25% international travel required.
Impact you’ll make:
- You’ll lead CreditVision global analytic initiatives, working closely with the regions to ensure analytics best practices are in place and support regional teams with proactive analytics and new product development.
- You’ll partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for B2B customers at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, collections agencies and retail banks.
- You’ll lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis through the consumer lending portfolio lifecycle, leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis).
- You’ll design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Python, Hive on Linux, PC, and cloud computing platforms.
- You’ll deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You’ll develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- You’ll provide mentorship and training to junior colleagues and maintain progress on all initiatives under limited direct supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.