Insurance & Claims Operations Associate
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for an Insurance & Claims Operations Associate to strengthen our client cargo insurance program. You will be the operational horsepower on our insurance and claims teams and be responsible for the day-to-day handling of client insurance claims. We're looking for someone who can streamline processes for our clients, vendors, and partners globally - all while making our teams more efficient by driving standardization and efficiencies within the insurance and claims program.
What you’ll do:
- You will file First Notice of Loss with claim adjusters and submit all necessary shipping documents
- You will monitor claim status and follow up with claim adjusters at broker and insurer
- You will liaise with client and internal teams to gather all critical documentation to expedite claim settlement
- You will maintain and update claim reporting, issue certificates of insurance to clients as needed, prepare and compile monthly insurance reports and assist with revamping the claims process
- You will liaise with internal teams and external partners to get special insurance quotes for certain clients
- You will develop and maintain claim and insurance reports and dashboards, assist business partners with acquiring necessary insurance documentation and collaborate with internal and external teams to drive ongoing excellence
- You will complete special projects to support various Supply and Demand teams
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 years experience in a claims handling, commercial insurance broking or risk management
- Superior organizational talent - you love dotting i’s and crossing t’s
- Client service focused attitude with experience serving customers needed
- You master to-do-lists and love marking off checkboxes
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through
- You are a master at running excel; entering and analyzing complex data sets
- Love of red-tape and fine print is your favorite nighttime reading
- You execute on your projects independently and on-time
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Love to work as an integral part of cross functional team that
- Have courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- Insane can-do attitude who loves to come in on ground level and help build an empire
- BA/BS degree
Where you’ll work:
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.