Fraud Prevention Specialist
We are looking to add a new member to our Fraud Prevention team in Chicago, IL!
The Fraud Prevention Specialist will be responsible for the daily analysis of orders that come into screening through our fraud prevention system. The candidate will learn fraud prevention processes and best practices which mitigate loss due to fraudulent orders. They will be responsible for handling calls, emails and phone tickets to uphold our service level standards and provide world class support to clients and customers. In this position, they will need to exercise the time-management and organizational skills necessary to handle multiple projects and tasks with overlapping short term and long term deadlines.
The role includes communicating with the team to stay ahead of fraudulent activity and trends, working as a team to cover all of our supported hours and holidays, commitment to continued learning and mastering the technology we use, and proactively assisting with new initiatives to limit fraud exposure for cleverbridge and our clients.
- Effectively screen purchases to prevent fraudulent transactions
- Review, investigate and track suspicious activity through our e-commerce platform
- Gather evidence to respond to chargeback and retrieval inquiries
- Provide customer support regarding fraudulent charges and chargebacks
- Analyze trends, communicate security threats to management, and provide recommendations for loss mitigation as needed
- Demonstrate sound performance in key metric areas, such as individual approval rates and team service level standards
- Inform upper management and internal business partners of suspicious activity or cases at the individual or client level
- Follow all policies, procedures, standards and requirements directed by cleverbridge and the department
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Your Qualifications and Skills
- BS or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of fraud prevention experience, specifically in the technology or payment industries
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer
We are offering a challenging and interesting opportunity with extensive responsibilities in a dynamic and fast growing company. Benefits include a generous 401(k) plan, flexible hours, health care, tax-free transit and more!
More about us
Founded in 2005, cleverbridge provides global subscription billing solutions that help companies build long-term customer relationships and grow recurring revenue streams. The core of our fast-growing technology company is our 300+ employees between offices in Cologne (Germany), Chicago, San Francisco, and Tokyo. Our diverse and talented workforce is passionate about our solutions and our clients’ success. We believe if you love what you do, you should love where you work. So we emphasize career progression, work-life balance, and a casual, contemporary work environment. We’ve been recognized for our workplace excellence, including being named a Great Place to Work in IT 2016, among other awards.