Fixed Income Data/Analytics Specialist
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management and product development collaborate with our Sales, Marketing and Service group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions, and great experience in working with Morningstar.
Morningstar Fixed Income team provides expertise in bonds and derivatives - the data, the analytics, the user cases for target clients. It defines fixed income capability roadmap, works with Data Operations and Data Technology organizations in sourcing and integrating value-added data, provides advice for and coordination across product squads to build new and enhance fixed income functionality, owns GTM plans jointly with respective products, and drives commercial success.
The Role: The Fixed Income team seeks an enthusiastic, results-driven fixed income data/analytics specialist to help advance our fixed income capabilities, including data assets, analytics, and software functionality and tools. This individual also acts as subject matter expert and advisor to product development in their effort to create and commercialize innovative functionality and reports that solve customer problems, evangelize those innovations internally and externally, and delight our clients by providing them great in-product user experience and service experience. The preferred location for this position is Chicago.
· Research and identify opportunities for Morningstar to own/acquire fixed income data and analytics assets.
· Work with analytical engine team and quant team to produce value-added data/analytics capabilities that meet or better anticipate market need.
· Act as a product owner to BondPro engine team in implementing or integrating new and enhancements to calculations.
· Support and provide advice to internal teams (product development squads) to deliver and integrate Morningstar fixed income capabilities in Morningstar software and products, third-party platforms, and possibly proprietary client systems.
· Support product managers in Fixed Income, Cloud and Feeds organization to swiftly deliver fixed income-specific material that supports all sales globally.
· Act as an escalation point for client issues and product sponsor for client meetings.
· Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor`s degree with excellent academic credentials.
· Passion for fixed income investing and analytics.
· 5+ years of experience in bond analytics, product development, or investment research/management.
· Skills in data processing, data sciences, statistical analysis are valuable.
· Previous experience in client engagement is a plus.
· Superior business judgment; analytical, planning, and decision-making skills; in addition to exemplary communication and presentation abilities.
· Action-oriented individual possessing an entrepreneurial mind-set.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in, and acceptance of Morningstar`s core values.
· Ability to develop strong internal and external partnerships; and work effectively across different business and functional areas.
· For internal candidates, knowledge of Morningstar data and Direct desired.
· Some travel required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application materials.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity