Director of Data Engineering and Data Science
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter - which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As the Director of Data Engineering & Data Science, you will be responsible for our critical data and reporting infrastructure. With a team of data engineers, analysts, and data scientists, the Data & Intelligence team will:
- Design, build, implement, and grow a state-of-the-art data pipeline and warehouse that ensures that all parts of the business have access to clean, up-to-date data.
- Implement data distribution systems and business intelligence tools to empower business units with self-serve data.
- Manage a data governance process that adheres to our security and privacy policies, creates a uniform view of key business data and metrics, and provisions data to the appropriate business units.
- Create a center of excellence in our business data to align the use of data and tools across the various departments in the company.
- Research and implement machine learning and other intelligent models that can be integrated into our software systems and optimize our marketing, marketplace, and delivery processes.
- Recruit, hire, and build out additional capabilities within the Data Engineering and Data Science practice. The team is growing, and you will own ensuring we have the right talent to provide best in class capabilities.
To be successful, you'll need:
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering or data analytics, with at least 5 years in lead or management roles.
- Experience managing both engineering and business analysis teams.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines, data warehouses, and business reporting systems.
- Experience with data science analysis projects, preferably projects that involve production-quality deployments.
- The ability to manage both individual contributors and team managers as needed.
- The ability to create designs and execution plans, as well as to report on them to senior management.
- Communication skills to work directly with engineering and technical operations teams, as well as operational and financial stakeholders.
- A track record of recruiting, mentoring and growing talented engineers and analysts.
- Familiarity with the latest in data storage, cloud computing, and reporting technology.
- An innate need to work hard, deliver value, and have fun at the same time.
What We Offer:
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans… and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal St
Chicago, IL 60606