DIGITAL SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST I
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Digital Senior Business Analyst I will work closely with business partners and the IT team to help identify, prioritize, and confirm requirements for projects within the Stores, Salon, and Marketing project roadmaps with an emphasis on the guest digital experience. He or she must be able to effectively communicate with project stakeholders using business terminology as well as possess a strong technical background to enable comprehensive business-IT alignment. Duties include coordinating and facilitating requirements gathering sessions, developing appropriate requirements and functional design documentation, use cases as well as assisting in the testing of the functionality of newly developed digital enhancements.
The role requires strong written, verbal communication and facilitation skills. The individual should also demonstrate critical analytical skills and sound judgment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Management of individual product lifecycles, from understanding a concept or the current state, assessing gaps, defining key capabilities, working across the organization to develop requirements, working with Business, IT and Creative resources to understand tradeoffs, through product launch and ongoing management.
- Partner with a cross functional team of designers, technologists to produce business requirement artifacts including Epics, User Stories, Use Cases, Business Rules, Supplemental (Non-Functional) Specifications, and User Interface Design Specifications for complex projects.
- Use market research, customer surveys, customer feedback, and web analytic data to understand customer and business needs, discovering latent gaps, identifying new opportunities to ultimately define a product roadmap.
- Develop realistic business case scenarios for new product capabilities – to rationalize resource investments.
- Transform complex concepts into executable plans and customer experiences.
- Anticipate industry and product trends, capability prioritization and tradeoffs, balancing business needs versus technical constraints.
- Be engaged throughout the whole project life-cycle, from inception to production launch and post-launch assessment based on business requirements.
- Minimum 7-10 years of business analysis experience with large projects, ideally with tech experience and with a retail and marketing focus in transactional digital applications.
- Provide digital, store, and marketing functionality expertise including Loyalty, CRM, and Analytics during project planning, development and production-support
- Review digital, store, and marketing platforms and architectures to recommend effective options for implementing business functionality
- Collaborate with business owners and stakeholders to lead store, marketing, and eCommerce requirements gathering and analysis
- Escalate project risks and issues, develop mitigation plans as required
- Responsible for ensuring project documentation, decisions and specifications are documented and maintained.
- BS or BA University degree
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, project team and other departments within the organization.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Experience in working in both SDLC and Agile Environments.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Strong presentation skills
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others. Understands and supports “Best in Class” standards.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Capability to participate in training sessions, presentations and meetings.
- Travel approximately 10% of your time. (stores, meetings, conferences, training)