The MCD IT Business Intelligence Operations team has an exciting opportunity for a Data Steward. With the Senior Data Quality Manager, this position defines the business requirements and builds process and data models for technology solutions that meet the business needs. Bridges the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the lifecycle of the product. Coordinates and/or executes plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the business.
You should be able to manage and organize data assets with technical information, analysis and recommendations to support decision-making; apply approved solutions to resolve data matters. You will support the Data Steward Community by documenting data flows and lineage linked to business metadata. You will be responsible for communicating data application and system risks across various data topics, support ongoing Data Quality Management operations by identifying where profiling must occur, executing Data Quality assessments, and assisting in root cause investigations.
You will have extensive experience in a data warehouse environment facilitating requirements gathering sessions, documenting requirements, analyzing and evaluating possible solutions to meet requirements. This candidate may also have experience with Operational Applications, End User Computing, and data integration software and capabilities. Experience in leading QA processes including building test strategy and test plan documents as well as executing tests and working with external QA vendors. The candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Build Data Quality rules via Talend Data Preparation tool
- Document data flows and lineage linked to business metadata.
- Perform administrative tasks within Collibra and ensure all communities are properly aligned
- Be accountable for integrity and quality of data created/updated.
- Creation of data standards and business rules within all global markets
- Ensure business requirements are written to ensure completeness of all critical data elements
- Determine and ensure compliance to all data management policies / procedures by market
- Support and perform testing as necessary to ensure original requirements are met
- Bachelor’s degree Business or IT with minimum of 3-6 years working in a data warehouse environment
- Extensive data management experience, including in-depth knowledge of data modeling, data integration, data configuration, and general database concepts
- Ability to resolve ways to improve the quality of existing data
- Knowledge of data modeling and architecture principles and techniques
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Experience in gathering end user requirements and documenting accordingly
- Talend developer experience
- Tableau reporting - experience creating Tableau reports
- SQL - Strong background in writing SQL code - ability to read, develop and test SQL statements
Preferred skills and experience:
- Proven ability to follow procedures and SDLC/AGILE best practices
- Utilize project management skills to ensure work streams are properly identified and prioritized, resources utilized, time lines met and provide consistent status updates
- Communicate issues impacting daily operations to the business team and provide updates on resolution.
- Partnering with cross channel teams to identify opportunities and supporting the development of new balanced solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences