We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As Data Scientist, this person is responsible for applying data science principles and statistics across the organization to spot opportunities to solve customer problems with innovative solutions. The Data Scientist will work closely with product leaders and engineering managers to understand client needs and improve the efficiency and quality of document reviews. In this role, the data scientist will explore, validate, and guide the implementation of inventive solutions that are new to the market, while also acting as a thought leader to our customers and industry with with research papers, blog posts, etc.
- Own the data science and statistical decisions that make up our Analytics offerings, including (but not limited to) Assisted Review, Conceptual Searching, Categorization, Communication Analysis, Clustering, and adding structure to unstructured data.
- Apply experience and knowledge from a comprehensive understanding of data science principles to the specific opportunities we face with our products and features.
- Work closely with technical product managers and engineering managers to examine and distill our customers’ problems into actionable insights.
- Deeply understand Relativity’s analytics capabilities; explore and validate solutions with reliable and valid methods which cope with sub-optimal test data.
- Operate independently to conduct these investigations while meeting deadlines.
- Define and communicate solutions to architects and engineers, collaborating with team members through final implementation.
- Promote solutions and act as a SME through blog posts, research papers, and white papers, as well as speaking at e-Discovery and Analytics conferences.
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Latent Semantic Analysis, Support Vector Machine, Natural Language Processing techniques, Neural Networks, Ensemble methods, and/or Bayesian methods
- 5 or more years of industry experience or equivalent experience advising product development and evaluating different solutions for best fit in a software product
- PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, or Related Field (Preferred)
- Azure Experience (Preferred)
- Experience with Relativity’s machine learning techniques and algorithms: LSI, SVM (Preferred)
- Legal industry experience (Preferred)
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.