We connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends.
For merchants, we're driving e-commerce business and producing insights with a growing data analytics practice. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we're creating an e-commerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for consumers, merchants, and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Data Scientist at ShopRunner, you will be digging into our extensive store of cross-market e-commerce data in order to create predictive models that help push our business forward. Working with other teams throughout the business, our team is pushing the limits of what our data can do, driving us to find more effective ways to serve our merchants and the customers who use our platform. A collaborator through and through, you will work to help define data pipelines for both batch and real-time models.
ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop models and uncover insights that help demonstrate the value that ShopRunner provides to merchants and inform how we structure deals.
- Analyze our massive store of data to better understand how our customers interact with ShopRunner and our merchant network and use that understanding to identify new segments that ShopRunner should focus on, to build recommendation systems, and to build predictive targeting models.
- Uncover opportunities for new products and services within our customer and merchant network, often developing POC’s and prototypes.
- Work with the engineering team to develop new products, including assisting with data architecture and modelling, to ensure new products will scale with usage across our merchant network.
ABOUT WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years as a Data Scientist, working closely within a business to give actionable insights; or PhD-level candidates with the right research experience and expertise, and equivalent work experience.
- Strong coding ability in Python, including experience with various data science libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, SciPy, NumPy, Jupyter, and PySpark.
- Experience with recommendation systems, natural language processing, and/or computer vision is a plus.
- Collaborative problem solver with previous experience building machine learning models from the ground up.
- Experienced communicator who can champion their insights and ideas until they become proven production systems that generate business value.
- Hands-on self starter who can move data projects forward by acquiring and converting data into useful formats when necessary.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.