Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Analytics Team:
The Braintree Analytics Team is committed to delivering actionable and insightful reporting and analysis to drive all parts of the business forward. We relentlessly advocate the use of empirical evidence to inform decisions so Braintree may achieve their greatest potential. As Braintree products and features rapidly evolve, the Analytics Team coalesces information from multiple, disparate resources to provide a cohesive data story to our core stakeholders.
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible output.
- We learn and grow as a team with bi-weekly knowledge shares
Braintree is seeking experienced Data Scientists to join our Data Organization within the Product/Engineering team. As part of the Analytical Center of Excellence, you will be working with a team of analysts and data engineers to provide data driven solutions for functional teams across the business. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working on a data product from conception to delivery. Trainings in mathematically rigorous fields such as statistics, physics or engineering are highly desirable and a huge plus if you have a creative and curious mind for problem solving.
- Pilot and develop experiments for large company product and business initiatives, deliver statistical analysis of the results and communicate key findings to stakeholders
- Collaborate with product and engineers to deploy data driven products and build a deep understanding of enterprise technology infrastructure and development lifecycle
- Working cross functionally with business partners for end-to-end project specific analytical needs, including: definition of key business problems, data collection, construction of analytical models for providing data-driven recommendations
- Applying different statistical analysis methods (sentiment analysis, time-series analysis, regression, classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, etc) on large unstructured and structured data to make discovery, inference and predictions across multiple functional areas of the business
- Guide the development of a healthy data driven product ecosystem
- Provide mentorship for data analysts and analytical driven business partners, and lead subject domain expertise
What we look for in you:
- 3+ years professional experience in a data scientist role with successful deployment and/or ownership of a variety of data products
- Strong background in statistics and probability modeling, experience with building simple probabilistic models, simulations, regressions and clustering
- Solid understanding of experiment designs and hypothesis testing, experience in designing A/B tests within a testing framework
- High degree of proficiency in open source machine learning tools such as Python/scikit-learn or Revo R
- Proficiency in traditional query languages such as SQL and experience in working within large data systems
- Familiar with scripting languages for data manipulation and visualization
- Masters or PhD in an analytical/related discipline
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!