Data Engineering Manager
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Avant is looking for a Data Services Manager to scale our big data infrastructure. Avant relies on our enterprise Data Lake to report performance to investors, make staffing decisions, and build credit and marketing models to drive the growth of our business.
This is a high impact position where you’ll work across Tech and with senior management to define requirements, manage priorities, and drive projects to completion. We’re looking for an engineering manager who fosters a collaborative work environment, has a strong focus on quality, and sets their team up for success.
- Proactively drive the technical vision for our enterprise Data Lake
- Lead the engineering team in deploying infrastructure and developing software through pair programming, code review, and architecture guidance
- Manage the performance of the team, including 1:1s, performance reviews, goal setting, and professional development
- Provide guidance to other teams on business and technical data projects
- Collaborate with DevOps, Production Engineering, and SRE to achieve operational excellence in system reliability, quality, and delivery
- Stay informed about new technologies and trends in the data space
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience and 2+ year of technical management experience
- Experience with technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, NiFi, and Luigi
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Python
- Data modeling experience preferred
- Scala or Java experience preferred
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description