We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees have an opportunity to make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
The OppLoans technology organization is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We are an Agile organization exploring open creativity while always reflecting on our work and aiming to improve. As individuals, we are unafraid to speak up, and as a team, we reward the best ideas and support each other's successes. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the opportunity to build something special that breaks the status quo of FinTech.
What you get to do:
Data Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps to design database solutions to meet our needs; support architecture, design, ETL, and database administration tasks for both OLTP systems and data warehouses, administration of cloud-based BI system.
- Design and implement data warehouse or data mart fact tables, aggregate tables, and dimensions. Provide quality data integration projects, best practices, and data dictionary.
- Develop and document audits and controls to ensure the data meets standards and thresholds.
- Support and refine internal Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse environments.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience with PostgreSQL in AWS with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments.
- Conduct technical reviews and walk through of system design documentation with development team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment.
- Resolve incidents and address user problems/concerns.
- SQL expertise.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.