GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
GoHealth is looking for Data Engineers who will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of data transformation tasks used in transforming data into a format that can be easily analyzed. We are seeking candidates who have experience in data analysis, collection, and optimization for the purpose of informing business decisions. The Data Engineer will work with other team members in owning data pipelines including execution, documentation, maintenance, and metadata management. They will also support the development of the data infrastructure necessary for full scale data science, predictive analytics and machine learning.
- Live the GoHealth Culture and ensure it is represented within the team.
- Design, develop and deploy optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various GoHealth and external data sources.
- Monitor, execute and report on all data pipeline tasks while working with appropriate teams to take corrective action quickly, in case of issues.
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Adapt data components to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation of the technical detail design, operational support and maintenance procedures for all data pipeline tasks.
- Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout entire data pipeline.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Data Engineering Team, subject matter experts and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver new data-related processes and/or reports.
- Ability to work with the rest of the Data Engineering Team to cross-train and provide support for other BI tasks such as Cube Maintenance, Data Analytics and Requirements Gathering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in the design and development of data pipelines and tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting performance issues and fine tuning queries.
- Proven experience extracting data from structured data sources (SQL, Excel, CSV files) and unstructured data sources (Couchbase, Splunk, log files) both on-premise and in the cloud
- Experience consuming data from web services, SOAP and REST technologies, HTML, XML and JSON.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to evolving business and technical environments.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and learn new skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex processes to individuals of varying technical abilities
- Knowledge of version control systems using Git, Bitbucket, SVN, or Team Foundation.
- Experience in software engineering practices is preferred.
- Proficient in at least one programming language: Python, Java, Go, C#, Ruby, C, C++.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, or Azure is preferred but not required.
- Familiar with other data warehouse platforms like AWS Redshift or AWS Data Pipeline.
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer