IMC-Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
DATA ENGINEERING AT IMC:
As a data engineer at IMC, you’ll build and administer data workflows in an evolving, modern Hadoop-based environment. You’ll also:
- Develop and extend in-house data toolkits based in Python and Java.
- Consult and educate internal users on Hadoop technologies and assist them in finding and effectively utilizing the best solutions for their problem space.
- Improve the performance of financial analytics platforms built around the Hadoop ecosystem.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- IMC is on the cutting edge of financial applications of Hadoop, processing terabytes of data daily for mission critical trading systems.
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will adopt and incorporate the new technology.
- The landscape is always changing creating new and exciting challenges. What we focus on today is very different than what we focused on two years ago.
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared globally between our offices, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- Working at IMC is a great way to gain exposure to and learn about financial markets and technology. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3+ years of experience working with Hadoop 2 (YARN), cluster management experience preferable
- 3+ year of experience with Hadoop SQL interfaces including Hive and Impala
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions using Spark
- Experience with common data-science toolkits, Python-based preferred
- Strong Java, SQL, and Python development skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong systems background, preferably including Linux administration
- Unix scripting experience (bash, tcsh, zsh, python, etc)
- Experience with DevOps tools such as SALT and Puppet as part of a CI/CD development and deployment process.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and conduct root-cause analysis
Experience with the below (not required, but definitely desired):
- Developing with Apache Kafka
- Containerization and Docker
- OSS scheduling tools, preferably Luigi
- Developing solutions in the Machine learning space, with an emphasis on Change/Anomaly detection
- Building Cube/Cube-like products
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.